Consular Administrative Assistant
The Embassy of The Republic of Yemen in The Hague is looking for eligible candidates for the position of Consular Administrative Assistant. This is a locally engaged position subjects to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in The Kingdom of The Netherlands. The duration of the contract is one year, extendable for another one year.
The Consular Administrative Assistant will provide consular services and administrative support to the Consul and assist the Embassy across a range of activities and services, e.g. organizing events, translation and liaison with local service providers and partners.
- Communicating with Yemeni citizens, visa applicants and agents by email, phone and in person and ensuring the provision of accurate and timely information on consular and visa services;
- Processing a range of consular services, including passport applications, emergency travel documents, certification of documents, Foreign Birth Registration, Certificate of Freedom to Marry, etc.;
- Preparation of visa applications for consideration by the Consul;
- Provision of translation and interpretation from English/ Dutch to Arabic, and vice versa, as required.
- Sending and receiving consular mails; Maintenance of a registry of sent/received mails.
- Management of consular and visa filing systems, managing petty cash, official correspondence, diary management, and official travel arrangements;
- Provision of administrative support to the Consul including: management of Consul’s diary; maintenance of database of key contacts; organizing appointments; travel arrangements;
- Preparation of regularly scheduled consular reports.
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures.
- Liaise with Dutch, Swedish, and Norwegian authorities in relation with consular affairs and Yemeni citizens.
- Support to emergency consular services, including out of office hours as required.
- Assist in organizing official events.
- Assisting in the promotion of Yemen and maintenance of diaspora links.
- As part of the Embassy team, assist with other Embassy priorities as required.
Note: The Embassy of Yemen in The Hague is a professional team and all staff are expected to be respond to challenges, be flexible, and to assist with other duties and projects of the Embassy as required. Staff should note that some duties may change over time as required.
The suitable candidate will demonstrate:
- University degree and a receptionist/secretarial qualification;
- Relevant administrative and secretarial working experience of three years; experience of working for international organizations or embassies is an advantage;
- Excellent competency in English, and Arabic; Excellent competency in Dutch is an advantage.
- Computer literate in all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Flexibility and attention to detail;
- Ability to listen, to consult and to share information and ideas;
- Ability to work independently, and with team;
- Capacity to focus on priorities and to organise work to deliver on time;
- Flexibility to work under pressure and to respond quickly to new demands;
- Willingness to travel as requested.
- Dutch citizenship, holding a valid Dutch work permit or otherwise legally able to work at the Embassy of The Republic of Yemen in The Hague.
Yemen Embassy in The Hague is seeking high quality written applications in English. An application should include a cover letter, CV, copy of university certificate and previous work experience, name and contact details of three referees, and a passport photo.
Applications subject “Consular Administrative Assistant” should be sent no later than 14th July 2019, preferably to: firstname.lastname@example.org. By submitting information electronically, applicants accept that data may not be fully secure. If desired, the application may alternatively be sent in hard copy to: Scheveningseweg 68, 2517 KX, The Hague, Netherlands.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No telephone enquiries after submitting the application please. Applications will not be returned.