The Embassy of The Republic of Yemen in The Hague is looking for responsible and flexible candidates for the position of driver. This is a locally engaged position subjects to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in The Kingdom of The Netherlands. The duration of the contract is one year, extendable for another one year.
The Consular Administrative Assistant will provide consular services and administrative support to the Consul and assist the Embassy across a range of activities and services, e.g. organizing events, translation and liaison with local service providers and partners.
- Drive the Embassy vehicles for the transport of the Ambassador and diplomatic staff or any authorized passengers and delivery and collection of mail, documents, Embassy pouch and other items.
- Meet official personnel and delegations at the airport.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc. and ensure that the assigned Yemen embassy vehicles are road worthy and maintained up to the established security standards.
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Check of technical state of the car and make proposals for repair.
- Any other tasks requested concerning logistics of the embassy.
- Ensure safety and security of passengers.
- Perform other related duties as required.
The suitable candidate will demonstrate:
- Driving license.
- Experience 2-3 years work experience as a driver in embassies or an international organization.
- Local traffic rules and regulations are strictly observed.
- Good knowledge of Arabic, Dutch and English language.
- Good knowledge of roads inside and outside of The Hague.
- Professional attitude, Responsible and Pro-active.
- Flexible and able to remain calm and sensible in every situation.
Yemen Embassy in The Hague is seeking high quality written applications in Arabic or English. An application should include a cover letter, CV, copy of driving license and previous work experience, name and contact details of three referees, and a passport photo.
Applications subject “Driver” should be sent no later than 14th September,2019, preferably to: firstname.lastname@example.org. By submitting information electronically, applicants accept that data may notbe fully secure. If desired, the application may alternatively be sent in hardcopy to: Scheveningseweg 68, The Hague, Netherlands; 2517 KX.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries after submitting the application please. Applications will not be returned.